Riverbed Modeler Academic Edition provides a virtual environment for modeling, analyzing, and predicting the performance of IT infrastructures, including applications, servers, and networking technologies. Based on Riverbed's award-winning Modeler product, Academic Edition is designed to complement specific lab exercises that teach fundamental networking concepts. The commercial version of Modeler has broader capabilities designed to increase network R&D productivity; develop proprietary wireless protocols and technologies; and evaluate enhancements to standards-based protocols. Riverbed software is used by thousands of commercial and government organizations worldwide, and by over 500 universities. Modeler Academic Edition is intended for introductory level networking courses and is targeted for teaching purposes only. Riverbed Modeler Academic Edition incorporates tools for all phases of a study, including model design, simulation, data collection, and data analysis.
Convenient features include:
- Based on Riverbed Modeler version 17.5
- Downloadable from our website at no charge
- Built-in Wireless capability
- Specially designed lab manuals
- 6-month renewable license
- Community support for our user
Important Notice to all users of Riverbed Modeler Academic Edition:
As per the earlier announcement, Riverbed's Modeler Academic Edition has been discontinued as of September 1, 2020 and is no longer available.
- Existing users of Modeler Academic Edition can continue to it until September 01, 2023 as long as Academic Edition, Release# 17.5.A PL7 Build #13312 is being used.
- Existing users of Academic Edition will still need to re-register license every six months by visiting this page and accessing "Activate license" link.
Customers will have the option to upgrade to University license at a discounted price which provides full version of Riverbed Modeler.
Full version of Modeler does not have any restrictions of Academic Edition outlined in this KBA# S24443.
Please send you query to firstname.lastname@example.org for further information on the University Modeler Program.